Wow

Reading Siemens’ Journal on Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age was really interesting and thought provoking. “The amount of knowledge in the world has doubled in the past 10 years and is doubling every 18 months according to the American Society of Training and Documentation (ASTD). ” How cool is it that we can double knowledge in exponentially reduced time now. We’re learning, innovating and discovering so much nowadays to the point where we’re adding to book of knowledge exponentially. Luckily we have the internet to store all knowledge to be accessed by the others. Technology has definitely changed the way we used to learn and discover. Looking up information takes a simple google search nowadays. Comparatively, we had to search through numerous books in search for specific information and knowledge.

Wonder

This makes me wonder how long it will take to double our knowledge again in a couple of years. Is technology powerful enough to discover knowledge we never could discover without that specific technology? Will the world knowledge ever double in less than 18 months as previously stated? Will advancing technologies double knowledge at a faster rate in the next few years? This is an interesting topic I would definitely look into in the future.

Self-reflection

This reading took me on an emotional rollercoaster. It felt like I was taken into the future to question existence and knowledge. This was a great read as it made me think deeper about life and envision a possible future where we could attain knowledge instantly through the use of technology. An amazing world to look forward to.