Wow

First of all, Shelley Moore’s idea about Transforming Inclusive Education is breathtaking and eye-opening. I totally agree and support her advocate for inclusive education and how she seeks to reform Individualized Education Programs to better suit the needs of individual students. Her bowling analogy was really effective as well. When an idea is introduced using an analogy, it makes it much easier for the viewer to understand and interpret what is being said. Her idea to target and teach each and every learner no matter their ability or disability is a topic that should be talked about more, especially within universities or learning institutions. Not only is she advocating for a great cause, but she’s also trying to advocate it through different mediums which is interesting. She tries to capture and educate all groups of audiences. Some people read about this idea through the book that she wrote and some people might have come across her idea on a youtube video. This idea to spread knowledge to different groups of people could be effective in terms of reaching more people which is great for movements like this.

Wonder

I wonder if there’s a research out there that proves that this is a valid and reasonable way to publicise information. Whether this is a better way, numerically, to spread advocacy about a certain topic. I’d love to see the percentage of people that have been reached per media and compare whether publishing a book made a significant reach to audience members in this technological world today.

Self-reflection

Shelley Moore’s idea was impressive to me to the point where I had binge watched some of her content on youtube. It was also interesting how she had advocated about what she learnt through different mediums. At the end of the day, I hope she succeeds to make an impact on the majority of learning institutions around the the world to bring uniformity.