Wow

Chapter 6: Developing Personal Learning Networks for Open and Social Learning of Emerging Technologies in Distance Education highlighted some of the key processes that lead to the development and facilitation of a new born course: EC&I 831. As previously stated on one of my other blogs, the use of PLN is limitless. Using emerging technology to build a strong personal learning network was the key to success of this course for its students. A quote regarding the success of the course comes from Jennifer, who wrote, β€œThe best part of this course is that it’s not ending. With the connections we’ve built, it never has to end.”

Wonder

It’s amazing to build connections and relationships that can last a lifetime. However, is there really a limit to building connections? If not, can it be harmful to have too many connections? These are a few questions that I’ve never paid attention to and am curious to see what people have to say about it. Leave a comment if you have some input on any of these questions.

Self-reflection

I’m looking forward to research and find out if there are any cons to a PLN as I’ve only known and researched about it’s benefits and advantages. I will also be looking out for any comments to see the interesting ideas and perspectives that this idea can bring to the table.